Wednesday 3 October 2012

38th Sheffield Beer Festival

What better way to celebrate cask ale week than to visit the 38th Sheffield Beer Festival? Yes I know, it is not the most glamourous of locations but I think we struggle in Sheffield for mid sized venues that have character. Nothing comes close to the Winding Wheel in Chesterfield for instance, the location of the Chesterfield Beer Festival earlier this year.

But what does the venue matter really? There's going to be a truck load of beer! Breweries that you don't see in Sheffield and special beers from our resident breweries. I have already worked out what I am going to drink!

I did volunteer to work on the bar tonight but unfortunately the confirmation email did not come through unti 2:26 this morning. Which is a bit late notice. So off to the Broadfield later for £2 a pint and quiz night!

No comments:

Post a Comment