Monday 3 July 2023

Hello! Wow, it's been a long time since we last talked. That's because I bought a house in Bassetlaw, North Nottinghamshire. Because Sheffield houses were too expensive in 2016. Which is kind of hilarious in a depressing way, because they are now even more expensive than that. Hopefully one day I can afford to live in my city, but my leaving is why I had stopped posting on this blog. You can't really say that you are talking about Sheffield beer when you don't live there. That would be disingenuous. Also, I kind of had run out of things to say. Which is ridiculous really as there's always something to say about beer. It's a blog after all. Waffling is a right in blogging environment. 

And it's not like I have stopped drinking beer because I certainly haven't! Ok, I admit I have found myself buying more lager because there aren't many places near Worksop to buy real or craft ale. Yes, we now have to acknowledge that real ale is an older persons thing. New entrepreneur's generally characterise independent beer as craft beer. Which has become the new buzz word. Investors love a buzz word as it can usually translate into new market opportunities, which the nature of free market economics.

Sheffield has changed since I last blogged. Drinking beer in Sheffield has also changed since then. there's even a Facebook group. But I'm back to guide you through these changes. No, I don't live there anymore, but I work in Sheffield and I'll always love it. Once born, always bred.

There are several issues that need attention; the gentrification of Kelham Island for one, and the lack of decent places to drink beer in the city centre.

I'll see you soon, beer drinking compatriots. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment